Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
€2,140.00 excl. VAT
Having many years of experience as a designer of measurement and acquisition equipment for nuclear power plants, he adapted equipment to meet electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements, and he helped several industrial customers of ENGIE Electrabel to solve EMC problems. Today, mainly as an instructor, Paul shares his knowledge and long experience in EMC with instrument installers and maintenance personnel in various sectors of the industry.
Most electronic systems must meet electromagnetic compatibility requirements. EMC is not only considered for safety reasons but also for product compliance. Radiated and conducted interference can originate from electronic devices and can cause damage to themselves and/or other equipment.
This is why EMC is essential in an industrial environment. Indeed, it can generate a series of phenomena whose high frequency disturbances and their influence are difficult to understand and measure. This is what electrical engineering professionals must pay attention to.
This training will tackle questions such as:
- What is proper grounding for modern power electronic systems?
- What are the specific problems of high voltage installations?
- What are the main causes of signal disturbances?
- Can residential equipment be used in industrial installations?
The answers to these questions and many more will be shared in our three-day hand-on technical training course on “Electromagnetic Compatibility”.
- Signal characteristics
- Electrical impedance of conductors
- Inductive coupling
- Electrical coupling and radio waves
- Grounding and bonding
- Grouping and segregation of cabling
- Hot spots in industrial environments
Day 3: The program for the third day of training is specified by the participants. The following modules are available (à la carte options according to the needs of the participants, provided upfront)
- Drives – basic (2h)
- Drives – advanced (90 min)
- Drives – bloopers (45 min)
- Lightning protection (2h)
- Surge protective devices + installations (1h)
- Cabinet organization (45 min)
- Measurement & control items (30min)
- IT-TT-TN earthing systems and EMC (90 min)
- Shielding of HV-cables (30 min)
- Casus – bloopers (20 min)
- Lightning protection of radio base stations (2h)
The training is intended for engineers and technicians responsible for the design and maintenance of electrical installations. With this they can prevent the risk of failures in modern electrical installations.
Please note that the mentioned dates are subject to change if the required number of participants is not met. If interested in the training courses but the proposed dates do not suit your schedule and would like to be enrolled on a waiting list, or if you would like a dedicated session for your team (on-demand), please get in contact at email@example.com.
The training location for this training session is at our own Laborelec offices & labs in Linkebeek, Belgium. The training can also be organized onsite at customer premises in case dedicated on-demand session is requested.