Introduction to flue gas treatment
€690.00 excl. VAT
Frédéric Mercier is working since 2008 at ENGIE Laborelec as an expert in flue gas treatment. This includes denitrification, dedusting, desulphurization, and post-combustion carbon capture. He performs SCR catalyst management for gas and solid fuel power stations within and outside the ENGIE fleet. He also performed several missions worldwide to assess and improve de-dusting and desulphurization units. He conducted several research projects in the field of flue gas treatment and carbon capture and storage.
This course on flue gas treatment provides participants with knowledge about wet limestone-gypsum flue gas desulphurisation, dust removal technologies (electrostatic precipitator or fabric filters), and secondary reduction of NOX, either by selective catalytic reduction (SCR) or selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR). Depending on the interests of the participants, alternative flue gas desulphurisation technologies may also be covered.
The following subjects are highlighted:
- Wet limestone-gypsum flue gas desulphurisation, production of gypsum and treatment of FGD effluent.
Alternative flue gas desulphurisation technologies may also be covered.
- Dust removal, using an electrostatic precipitator (ESP) or a fabric filter (FF)
- Secondary reduction of NOX, either by selective catalytic reduction (SCR) or selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR)
On request, the content of the course can be expanded to cover subjects such as mercury, trace elements, advanced
FGD treatment, alternative flue gas desulphurisation, SO3 and the air preheater.
- 1-day course on theory, state-of-the-art technology and operational and maintenance aspects of:
- FGD and FGD WWTP
- SCR / SNCR
- ESP / FF
- Air preheater – brief
The course includes an open technical exchange with participants on:
- the main parameters to be followed during operation
- their interactions
- the possible actions of the operators
Operation and maintenance staff.
Please note that the mentioned dates are subject to change if the required number of participants is not met. If interested in the training courses but the proposed dates do not suit your schedule and would like to be enrolled on a waiting list, or if you would like a dedicated session for your team (on-demand), please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.