Non-Destructive Testing of metal components manufactured via Additive Manufacturing
€1,560.00 excl. VAT
Additive manufacturing (AM) presents unique challenges to the nondestructive testing community, not least in that it requires inspection of parts with complex forms that are not possible using subtractive manufacturing. The drive to use AM for parts where design approaches include damage tolerance and retirement-for-cause with high quality and where safety criticality imposes new QA/QC requirements is growing.
- AM/3D PRINTING-NDT/NDE THE NEED OF A STANDARD TERMINOLOGY
- AM OF METALLIC COMPONENTS: MANUFACTURING PROCESSES
- Powder bed fusion
- Directed energy deposition
- Binder jetting
- NDT CHALLENGES ASSOCIATED 3D PRINTED METALS
- Grain orientation/size
- Shape and geometry
- Surface finishing/roughness
- Typical manufacturing internal flaws
- unconsolidated power
- IN-SITU PROCESS MONITORING AND NDE
- NDE METHODS AM
- Visual Methods
- Eddy Current
- Liquid Penetrant
- ISO/ASTM/ESA/NASA STANDARDIZATION WORKING GROUPS ON NDT FOR AM
Design engineers, maintenance and supply chain staff, engineers, and mechanical maintenance and operation technicians.
Please note that the mentioned dates are subject to change if the required number of participants is not met. If interested in the training courses but the proposed dates do not suit your schedule and would like to be enrolled on a waiting list, or if you would like a dedicated session for your team (on-demand), please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.