Demineralised water preparation
€690.00 excl. VAT
Han Huynh Thi
A chemical engineer who has worked at ENGIE LAB Laborelec for 10 years, Han Huynh is a specialist in water treatment (cooling water, demineralised water desalination, and the water-steam cycle) and CO2 capture and valorization. In the area of technical assistance, she has undertaken activities such as plant commissioning and chemistry reviews and audits, as well as a number of troubleshooting missions. Adopting a pragmatic approach, she discusses all recommendations with her clients taking into account their needs and the constraints under which they operate.
She also manages technical projects in the framework of research programs on carbon reduction and valorisation, and water footprint and management, as well as the European Union’s MATChING project (part of the Horizon 2020 program) which focuses on cooling water system improvement.
She is the coordinator for the CO2 Lab within Engie.
Dominique Corbisier is a chemical expert in water treatment for power plants and in chemistry of batteries. In her present position, she is in charge of the technical achievement of project tasks in various fields, such as water demineralization, evaluation of battery technologies from the chemical point of view, water footprint calculation and carbon reduction and valorization (CRV).
The course aims to provide participants with a knowledge base on technologies for the preparation of demineralised water, resins or membranes. In addition to the theoretical basis, the content is greatly enriched by the field experience of our experts in industrial and power plants.
Modules covered in this course:
- Characteristics of raw water
- Raw water pre-treatment plant, incl. overview of the technologies used on-site, characteristics, attention points, follow-up and monitoring aspects.
- Review of the water treatment plant
- Demineralisation by ion exchange (resins)
- structure of the resin and comparison of characteristics (stability, capacity, …)
- functioning of the ion exchange
- processes of demineralisation and regeneration
- monitoring aspects
- effluents (characteristics, quantities, permissions, attention points)
- Demineralisation by membrane technologies
- calculation of scaling potential
- optimization of chemicals injection
- biocide control
- chemical cleaning procedure
- start-up and shut-down procedures
- preservation of membrane installation
- Exercises and quiz
Chemists and laboratory managers.
Please note that the mentioned dates are subject to change if the required number of participants is not met. If interested in the training courses but the proposed dates do not suit your schedule and would like to be enrolled on a waiting list, or if you would like a dedicated session for your team (on-demand), please get in contact at email@example.com.
When organizing a hybrid delivery session, the training course will have attendees joining a live-classroom session (hosted at our offices in Linkebeek, Belgium, assuring the necessary health & safety measures) and attendees joining the same session but in a remote live-online manner.
For attendees joining a live-classroom session at our location, an extra fee of 60 EUR/training day will be added, covering the catering aspects of the training delivery.