Introduction to solid, gaseous and liquid fuels combustion
€1,390.00 excl. VAT
Héloïse Gennart has worked for more than 10 years in risk management, more specifically on the explosion risk. She is experienced in risk analysis, has prepared Explosion Protection Documents, and has carried out safety audits on existing installations. For several years, as part of ATEX studies, Héloïse has audited and adapted working procedures for lead-acid battery installations. Her expertise has extended to lithium-ion batteries and developing safety guidelines for energy storage systems.
The course objective is to cover the basics of solid fuels, gaseous fuels and liquid fuels combustion (tailored to the needs of participants), and to further study the impact of the combustion process on boiler and burner technologies.
The specific pollutant emissions to be expected and their methods of mitigation are also covered.
The following topics are part of the course:
- Combustion and its parameters, heating value
- Solid fuels, gaseous fuels, liquid fuels, pre-treatment of fuels, fuels for start-up
- Types of coal (sub-bituminous, bituminous, lignite, etc.)
- Milling behaviour
- Combustion process: air requirements, incomplete combustion, combustion controls
- Influence of the minerals on combustion (ash analysis)
- Influence of moisture content
- Erosion and corrosion, corrosion mechanisms, chlorine corrosion, molten sulphate corrosion, dew point corrosion, CO corrosion, etc.
- Influence of heavy metals and trace elements
- Types of burners, slagging and fouling risk, air staging
- Boiler and boiler cleaning
- Impact of furnace size
- Impact of the coal on emissions
- Safety issues
- Trouble shooting examples and case studies are used throughout the course
Operators and engineers
Please note that the mentioned dates are subject to change if the required number of participants is not met. If interested in the training courses but the proposed dates do not suit your schedule and would like to be enrolled on a waiting list, or if you would like a dedicated session for your team (on-demand), please get in contact at email@example.com.